- December 2000 #72
- The Imitation of Christ, News, What can the Stars teach us? Golden Stairs 9 : Courage, Principle and Valour.
- June 2001 #74
- Marcus Aurelius : the real “Gladiator” News, Seven Jewels of Wisdom : 1 : Reincarnation
- December 2001 #75
- Who was Jesus? - Marilyn O’Day, News, World Trade Centre Disaster : a theosophic perspective - Nancy Coker, The Critical Moment : facing feelings of Dread - Zealator, Seven Jewels of Wisdom : 2 : Karma - Stefan Carey, Obituary : Mamie Parsons
- April 2002 #76
- Even Mountains can become Buddha, News, Moral Sayings from the Mahabharata, Seven Jewels of Wisdom : Third Jewel : The Doctrine of Hierarchies - Stefan Carey, Obituaries : Heather Krauss, Elsa-Brita Titchenell
- August 2002 #77
- What is Theosophy? - Lo Guest.News, Apples are really all White! - Nancy Coker, Threats to Humanity - Mahatma Gandhi, Prophesies for the 21st century : do they mean anything? - Paul Rooke, Seven Jewels of Wisdom : The Doctrine of Swabhava - Stefan Carey, Obituaries :Huib de Jong-Heybroek, John Van Mater, Snr., Last Word : Thomas Carlyle
- November 2002 #78
- The Custom of Saying ‘Grace’ - Heathclyff St James-Deville, News, The Theosophical Box, Seven Jewels of Wisdom : Evolution - Stefan Carey, Obituary :Manuel Oderburg
- April 2003 #79
- There is no time!, News, New worlds to sing in, Seven Jewels of Wisdom - Stefan Carey, Excerpt - Democritus
- August 2003 #80
- Is there such a thing as Western Occultism? News, Poem - The Power of One, Seven Jewels of Wisdom - Atma Vidya : Knowledge of the Supreme - Stefan Carey
- December 2003 #81
- News, Seven Responsibilities of Paganism - Heathclyffe St.James Deville, Obituary : Jill Osman
- August 2004 #83
- Animals and People, News, Prophets for the 21st Century: The Hopi Indians - Paul Rooke, Obituary : Jean Swan
- December 2004 #84
- Love actually is all around, News, Prophets for the 21st Century - Two Catholic Prophets - St. Malachi and, the Visions of Fatima - Paul Rooke, The Origin of the Christmas Tree by Dr. Kaygorodoff, from Lucifer V.8 No. 43, March 1891, Obituaries: Ray James, Rosien Chatz
- July 2005 #86
- Volunteering: Impersonal service is alive and well!, Quoting Shakespeare - Bernard Levin, Breaking the Moulds of Mind, Lessons from the Bhagavad Gita, Theosophy in Today’s World - Andrew Rooke, “When the student is ready, the teacher will appear, thus have I heard” - Jennifer Pignataro, Oh, the Places You’ll Go! - Dr. Seuss.
- December 2005 #87
- The meaning of Christmas. — Kirby van Mater, The Wonderful World of Theosophy. — Lo Guest, News Corner, Root Races - What does it all Mean? — John van Mater Snr, Control Over Time - Is it Possible? — Rosa and Margarita Riaikkenen, Obituaries: Julius Leslie and Sam Duband, Jalal-uddin Rumi - the Cosmopolitan poet, Theosophy in Practice. — Andrew Rooke.
- August 2006 #89
- Do We Have A Future?, News Corner, Book Review: Teddy and the Blue Butterfly, Whale Rescue, The true meaning of Peace, Beyond a Caterpillar Consciousness — Roza Riakkenen, The Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi, A story from the Dreamtime of the Australian Aboriginal. — Lo Guest, A parable of two frogs, Nicholas Roerich, Shambhala, What Theosophy Means To Me — Jennifer Pignataro, Thoughts from Mother Theresa.
- December 2006 #90
- Symbols of the Theosophical Society - Jennifer Pignataro, Theosophy in Practice, NEWS, Book Review - Theosophy in the Qabbalah - Grace F. Knoche, Cry of the Damaged Man - Dr. Tony Moore, Wisdom Through Stories: The student and the elephant - Lo Guest, The Sower’s Responsibility - Roza Riaikkenen, A Thorny Story, Things are not what they seem - Maya, Mantra for the Kali Yuga - the Kalisantarana Upanishad, A Little Love and Affection - Neil Young
- April 2007 #91
Guardian Angels: Do They Exist? - Amanda Rooke, News, Aims of the Theosophical Society (Pasadena) - Jennifer Pignataro, Contemplating our Future - Roza Riaikkenen, The Parable of the Snake and the Holy Man, Spaces of Space, Theosophy in Practice: Bodhisattva Attitude, Obituary: Lo Guest
- August 2007 #92
The coming of spiritual teachers - G. de Purucker. NEWS, When will the Buddha return?, Globe rounds and root races - what does it all mean?, Space - Allen David., An amazing example of Karma!, Tolstoy: about life - Roza Riaikkenen., Theosophy in Practice: putting theory into practice., Obituaries: Ilse North and Ray Rugland., Last Word: from two former leaders of the Theosophical Society on making theosophical ideas practical and understandable - Jim Long and William Quan Judge.
- December 2007 #93
Heavens and Hells, NEWS, What do you hear?, Theosophy in Practice: The Paramitas - from HPB and G. de P., Letters to the Editor:, What do angels look like?, When will the Buddha return? - Pam Donnelly, What is the Black Age - Kali Yuga? - Fred Pruyn, Poetry Corner - Amanda Rooke, Cigars of the Earth, Golden Sun, In Search of the Lost Chord: Hidden Aspects of Music.
- April 2008 #94
Why is reincarnation necessary? - William Q. Judge, Australian News., Heavens and Hells: Part 2: Kama Loka, Second Death and Devachan - Andrew Rooke, Poetry Corner: The River - Vanessa Craven, Slow Dance - Anonymous, Theosophy in Practice: How can we be generous? - Andrew Rooke, What does Theosophy have to offer? - Sally Dougherty, Poor Mockingbird - Katinka Titchenell, International News.
- August 2008 #95
- A reservoir of spiritual force - based on comments by James A. Long, Australian news, What are hierarchies? - Andrew Rooke, Reincarnation, civilization, and history - John P. Van Mater, From our readers: Our Milky Way galaxy is on a collision course!, The law of karma: can we escape the cycle of necessity? - Clive Bellgrove, Book Reviews: Who ordered this truckload of dung?: inspiring stories for welcoming life’s difficulties - Ajahn Brahm, Children of the light: the near-death experiences of children - Cherie Sutherland, Theosophy in Practice: How can we practice ethical discipline?, Some thoughts on putting theosophy into action, International News.
- December 2008 #96
- Quiet heroes, Obituary: Kirby Van Mater, Australian news, What are hierarchies? Part 2: What lies beyond the human level of spiritual evolution? - Andrew Rooke, Poetry corner: To the Teacher - Roza Riaikkenen, Two paths of spiritual development: Pratyeka Buddha and Buddha of Compassion - Stefan Carey, Sri Ramakrishna: a wonderful example of spiritual life, Book Reviews: Wading into The Ocean: a Companion to ‘The Ocean of Theosophy’ - Ann Forsyth Danno - Reviewed by Heathclyff St. James Deville, My stroke of insight: a brain scientist’s personal journey - Jill Bolte Taylor, Mindfulness, bliss, and beyond: a meditator’s handbook - Ajahn Brahm, International news, Questions we all ask: Why do good people suffer? Is Karma always punishment? From our readers: The golden rule is not so simple! Strange blue clouds appearing around the world.
- April 2009 #97
- What is Theosophy really all about?, Australian news, Lighting the fires of mind - Eloise Hart, Accelerated karma…or… washing dirty socks! - Andrew Rooke, Some thoughts on presenting Theosophy - Frank Walter, The mayonnaise jar and two cups of coffee, Cosmetics in ancient Egypt - Jennifer Pignataro, ‘Minor initiations’ of daily life: a true story from Point Loma days - Karl Bendroth, International news, Book review: Muhammad: Prophet of Islam - Fazl Ahmed, Who is this God? - Paul Murchison, From our readers: The ‘eye doctrine’ versus the ‘heart doctrine’, Questions we all ask: What are the three fundamental propositions of Theosophy?, Willy Wonka and the World Financial Crisis, I am a ship - Stefan Carey.
- August 2009 #98
- The Path of Compassion and the Work of the Theosophical Society, Australian News, Man’s Responsibility to the Animals - Bernard Parsons, Special Report: The Essence of Buddhism:Sacrifice, Suffering and Compassion - Sally Dougherty, The Middle Way of Buddhism summarized - Frank Walter, Life and Panpsychism - Heathclyff St. James Deville, Book Reviews: The Little Book of the Soul - Ian Lawton, Little Tyke: The True Story of a Gentle Vegetarian Lioness - Georges, Westbeau, The Deep: the Extraordinary Creatures of the Abyss - Claire Nouvain, From our Readers: Mini Bodhisattvas - Roza Riaikkenen, Life after death: is it possible? - Paul Murchison., International News, From a distance - Andrew Rooke., Echoes of the Orient Vol.1 second edition 2009 by William Quan Judge now available in Australia.
- December 2009 #99
Ten Basic Rules for Better Living - Manly P. Hall, Australian News, The Inner Meaning of Christmas, The Moon: Queen of the Night - Andrew Rooke, Book Reviews: Cherishing the Earth: how to care for God’s creation, by Martin and Margot Hodson, Catching the Light: the entwined history of light and mind, by Arthur Zajonc, God is Back: how the global rise in faith is changing the world, by John Micklethwait and Adrian Woldridge, Clothed in the Sun - Amanda F. Rooke, International News, The True Story of a Dog named ‘Faith’ - Sotiria Galanopoulou, Donations to the Australasian Section, The Emerald Tablet of Hermes.
- April 2010 #100
Everything Else is Just Commentary, Australian News, International News, Report on the World Parliament of Religions, December 2009: Melbourne - Nivard Vas, Who was Mabel Collins? - compiled by Jennifer Pignataro, Book Reviews: Autobiography of a Yogi - Paramahansa Yogananda, The Compassionate Mother: The oldest biography of Sri Sarada Devi - Brahmachari Akshaychaitanya, Sri Ramakrishna in Today’s Violent World - Ramakrishna Math, The Presence of the ‘Spiritual’ - Andrew Rooke, Life Never Ends - Roza Riaikkenen, Obituary: Tom Van Erp, Two Wolves.
- August 2010 #101
Karma and Reincarnation - Marjorie Mitchell, Australian News, International News, A Cracked Pot, Places of Power - Stefan Carey, A Heart of Gold - Amanda F. Rooke, Book Reviews: The Secret Doctrine: abridged and annotated version by H.P. Blavatsky - abridged by Michael Gomes, Exploring Theosophy - TS (Pasadena) Headquarters Staff, Lost Christianities: the battles for scripture and the faiths we never knew - by Bart D. Ehrman, Mans’ Responsibility for Nature - by John Passmore, The Privilege of Learning - Andrew Rooke, Obituaries: Walter Geerlings, Dr Alan Gudenswager, David Spurlin, Jaromir Skrivanek; ‘Aham asmi Parabrahm’ - Koshish Karunga, Building Your Dream-Home in Heaven - Jim Long, Advertisement: The Secret Doctrine - HP Blavatsky and The Secret Doctrine Index - JP Van Mater.
- December 2010 #102
Humility and the Horizon of Heaven - Andrew Rooke, Australian News, The Doctrine of Swabhava - Don Shepherd, International News, Instructions for the Journey - John Doré, Book Reviews: Morality Without God? by Walter Sinnott-Armstrong, Theosophy in the Qabbalah by Grace F. Knoche, Fireflies - Emma and James Rooke, Are the Gods Real? - Koshish Karunga, Leave the World a Better Place - Andrew Rooke, I Wish You 'Enough'.
- April 2011 #103
Why Can't We Change? - Andrew Rooke, Gift of the Latkes - Golda Schoenbaum, Australian News, Australian Aboriginal Traditional Religion: perspectives from Theosophy - Bernard S. Parsons, International News, Wolf's Howl - Elizabeth Riaikkenen, Applying Eternal Wisdom to the Problems of Daily Life: lessons learned from the 1951 European Tour Report of James A. Long - Jennifer Pignataro, Book Reviews: Finding the Field: an adventure of body, mind and spirit by Michael Brown, The Wisdom of the Heart: Katherine Tingley Speaks - compiled by W.E. Small, The Roads of Osiris and Horus - Andrew Rooke, The Value of Reading the Bhagavad Gita - Koshish Korunga, Yes - We Can Change: some thoughts from G de Purucker, Just for Today.
- August 2011 #104
Who Do You Think You Are? - Andrew Rooke, Australian News, Does the Theosophical Society Actually Do Anything? - Some comments from Grace F Knoche on the Purpose of the Mystery Schools, Character Building - Nivard Vas, International News, The Gayatri Mantra - Koshish Karunga, Book Reviews: The Narcissism Epidemic: Living in the Age of Entitlement, by Jean M. Twenge and W. Keith Campbell, Occult Glossary, by G de Purucker, 2nd revised ed., Dhammapada: wisdom of the Buddha, translated by Harischandra, Kaviratna, A Tale of Two Seas - John Dorre, Poetry Corner: An Unexpected Path to Spirit - Anne Hillman, Two Travelling Angels.
- December 2011 #105
Wheels within Wheels - Andrew Rooke, Australian News. What is Happiness? - Stefan Carey, Happiness and Giving - Hiliary Brunsdon, Hidden Gold - Amanda F. Rooke, International News, Book Reviews, Death with Dignity - Andrew Rooke, ‘Puja’: Spiritual ‘Timeout’ - Koshish Karunga, Book Reviews: Gifts of the Spirit: living wisdom of the great religious traditions, Light on the Path and Through the Gates of Gold - Mabel Collins, Sanskrit Pronounciation: booklet and audio - Bruce Hall, Obituaries: Ingrid ‘Binnie’ Van Mater, John Coker, Seeing the Seals - Stefan Carey.
- April 2012 #106
The Riddle of the Sphinx - Andrew Rooke, 2012: What Does It All Mean? - Marilyn O#39;Day and Sarah B. Dougherty, Australian News, What is the Inner God? - Andrew Rooke, International News, Questions and Answers on Reincarnation - Andrew Rooke, Book Reviews: The Man Who Didn't Die: a spiritual novel - Ian Lawton, Did St Paul Get Jesus Right? - David Wenham, Celestial Strings 1 and 2 - by Inna Palcovskaja-Chabaniuk, Applying Theosophy - Clive Bellgrove, Letters to the Editor: Another Perspective on Happiness - Charles Reither, The Recipe for Sweet Happiness - Sotoria Galanopoulou, The Four Aims of Life: The Purusarthas - Koshish Karunga.
- August 2012 #107
Questions and Answers on Karma - Andrew Rooke, Australian News, Reincarnation in Traditional African Religion: the Igbo of Nigeria - Igwe Amakulo, Letters to the Editor: What’s the Purpose of Reincarnation? Why Don’t I Remember Previous Lives? - Charles Reither, Hanging Out Dirty Washing, Odd-Spot: How Much Does a Soul Weigh?, International News, Introduction to Hinduism - Tony Downey,
Commentary on Ancient, Medieval, and Modern Texts: Part 1: The Isvarapratyabhijnakarika: a Shaivite text from the 10th century - Don Shepherd, Book Reviews: Life Is: Death Is Not - Sajit Wadva, Sacred Geography: Deciphering Hidden Codes in the Landscape - Paul Devereux, Carmina Gadelica: Hymns and Incantations - As collected by Alexander Carmichael, Don’t We Sell Our Reality For Illusion? - Roza and Margarita Riaikkenen, The Train - Don Shepherd.
- December 2012 #108
Spiritual Initiation: what exactly does that mean? - Andrew Rooke, Australian News, Freyja, the Great Goddess of Creation - Guðrún Kristín Magnúsdóttir, The Rescuers - Roza Riaikkenen, Gifts of the Stars - Andrew Rooke, International News, A World of Full of Solutions - Julia Butterfly Hill, Book Reviews: A World Without Bees, Oxford Textbook of Spirituality in Healthcare -- Introduction to Judaism and the Kabbalah—Tony Downey, Commentary on Ancient, Medieval and Modern Texts: Part 2: The Zohar —Don Shepherd.
- April 2013 #109
Eternal Questions -- Andrew Rooke, Australian News, Did Ancient Indonesian Buddhists Reach Africa? Part 1 -- Robert Dick-Read, We are Consciousness: Pure Spirituality in Ancient Norse Tradition -- Guðrún Kristín Magnúsdóttir, International News, A Word is Not a Sparrow –- Andrew Rooke, The Swastika: a Misunderstood Symbol of the Ancient Wisdom -– G de Purucker, Dharma and Religion -– Charles Reither,
Book Reviews: The Mysterious Story of X7: Exploring the Spiritual Nature of Matter, Proof of Heaven: a Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife, The Thoughtful Guide to Sufism, Introduction to Buddhism -– Tony Downey, Commentary on Ancient, Medieval and Modern Texts: Part 3: The Surangama Sutra -- Don Shepherd.
- August 2013 #110
The Importance of Being Happy - Andrew Rooke, Australian News, One God or Many? Where Did the Idea of One God Come From? - Jennifer Pignataro, International News, From Desire Mind to Compassion Mind: Part 1: What is Desire? - Andrew Rooke, From our Readers: The Swastika Symbol, Religious Fundamentalism: What Can Theosophists Do About It?, A Carrot, an Egg, and a Coffee Bean - John Dore, Book Reviews: Agni Yoga - Helena Roerich, Azlander: Second Nature - Gabriele Brunsdon, The Relationship Between the Ego and the Mind - Charles Reither, Did Ancient Indonesian Buddhists Reach Africa? Part 2 - Robert Dick-Read, Obituary: Tine van der Ven.
- December 2013 #111
Spiritual Voyagers - based on comments by G de Purucker, Australian News, Pay It Forward - Amanda F. Rooke, Pilgrimages: the Mystic Journey - Jennifer Pignataro, International News, From Desire Mind to Compassion Mind: Part 2: How Can We Manage Desires? What the Major Religions Have to Say - Andrew Rooke, Book Reviews: The Esoteric Tradition - G. de Purucker - New 3rd & Revised Edition -- Odsmal: the Unseen Reality - Guðrún Kristín Magnúsdóttir -- Odyssey of Your Soul: A Voyage of Self-Discovery - Elizabeth Clare Prophet, From Our Readers: Asylum-Seekers: a Test for Compassion - the Choice is Ours - Roza and Margarita Riaikkenen, The Swastika - Left or Right? - a quote from Dr G de Purucker, Now for the Good News - Heathclyff St James Deville, The Search for 'Me' - Don Shepherd, Obituaries: Joop Brakel, KittyBijl, and Klara Baer.
- April 2014 #112
The Inner Battle - based on the Bhagavad Gita, Theosophy and the Business World - Paul Rooke. Australian News, International News, From Our Readers, Gay Marriage: can Theosophy shed any light?, What are ‘The Seven Rays’?, Mahayana Buddhism and Therevada Buddhism: what’s the difference?, Hypnotism and Past - Life Therapy, Book Reviews: How Roland Rolls - Jim Carrey, Temple of the Cosmos: the Ancient Egyptian Experience of the Sacred - Jeremy Naydler, From Desire Mind to Compassion Mind: Part 3 - Theosophy on Managing Desires - Andrew Rooke.
- August 2014 #113
Common Sense - Tony Downey. Lessons from Geese. Australian News. War and Karma - Roza and Margarita Riaikkenen. The Beatitudes and the Resolution of Conflict - Sam Duband. What is Theosophy? - some readings from TS Founders. International News.
From our Readers:
- The Importance of Family Life.
- Why Do We Spend So Much Time Studying Theosophy? - G. de Purucker.
Doubting Thomas: The Gospel of St Thomas - compiled by Andrew Rooke.
- A Beginner’s Guide to Constructing the Universe: The MathematicalArchetypes of Nature, Art, and Science by Michael S. Schneider - Review by Roza Riaikkenen.
- Practical Occultism by William Quan Judge.
- December 2014 #114
Living in the Moment - Stefan Carey. Step s to Happiness. Australian News. Reincarnation: A Logical Idea? - Rita Houthuijzen. International News. Coping with Stress - Andrew Rooke.
Our Debt to the Gnostics - Arthur Swan.
Two books on mystical ancient Egypt - John A. West: Serpent in the Sky and Jeremy Naydler: Shamanic Wisdom in the Pyramid Texts.
- Theosophic Correspondence between Louis Claude de Saint-Martin and Kirchberger, Baron de Lieberstorf (1792 - 1797) - Translated by Edward Penny.
- April 2015 #115
Why? - Tony Downey. Australian News. Alchemy: Transformation Towards Our Inner Self - Rita Houthuijzen. International News. Why Study Ancient Religions and Philosophies? - Andrew Rooke. Mystical Ancient Egypt: Part 1 - Heirs to Atlantis? - Andrew Rooke.
Obituary: Eloise Hart.
- Zealot: the Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth - Reza Aslan.
- Bhagavad-Gita: Recension by William Quan Judge combined with his Essays on the Gita
- Golden Precepts: a Guide to Enlightened Living - G de Purucker
- Karma: an Aristotelian Approach - Don Shepherd.
- August 2015 #116
Winners and Losers - Tony Downey. Australian News. Building a New Continent of Thought - based on the writings of Grace F. Knoche and James A. Long. International News. There Are No Dark Places in the Chambers of the Soul - Katherine Tingley. What is ‘Mystical Experience’? - Jenny Ryan. Mystical Ancient Egypt: Part 2 - The Great Pyramid and the Temple of Amun - what can they teach us? - Andrew Rooke. International News. Book Reviews: Four manuals for daily living: Buddhism: Who Ordered this Truckload of Dung? - Ajahan Brahm. Christianity: The Imitation of Christ - Thomas A'Kempis. Ancient Rome: Meditations - Marcus Aurelius. Theosophy: The Wind of the Spirit - G de Purucker - Reviewed by Heathclyff St James Deville. How Can I Become Like a Master of Wisdom? - G. de Purucker. The Greatest Gift - Elizabeth Shanta. Obituary: Frances M. Rooke.
- December 2015 #117
Gaining and Avoiding - Tony Downey. Remember to put the glass down! Australian News. Ghosts: Do they exist? What are they? Theosophical perspectives –
compiled by Andrew Rooke. International News. Mystical Ancient Egypt: Part 3: Egyptian magic, and - what can we learn from ancient Egypt for today’s w
orld? - Andrew Rooke. From Our Readers: What is Quantum Physics? The Mission of the Theosophical Society - G. de Purucker.
- Anger: wisdom for cooling the flames by Thich Nhat Hanh.
- The wisdom of the heart: Katherine Tingley speaks by Katherine Tingley.
- An Inner Cosmos - Don Shepherd.
- The Gayatri Mantram. The New Sound is Silence - Elizabeth Shanta.
- March 2016 #118
The Presence of Light - Andrew Rooke. News. Western Esotericism: Part 1: The Development of the Esoteric Tradition in the West - Nivard Vas. What Exactly is Buddhism? - Tony Downey. Technical Theosophy: The Buddhic Cycles - Don Shepherd. The Wise Guide - Elizabeth Shabda. Spirit, Passion, and Ignorance: The Three ‘Gunas’: Part 1: Riding the Elevator of Consciousness - Andrew Rooke. A Window of Light - Amanda F. Rooke.
- June 2016 #119
Every Time I Find the Meaning of Life - They Change It! - Tony Downey. News. Western Esotericism: Part 2: Western Esotericism through the Ages - Nivard Vas. Home-Spun Wisdom - Compiled by Andrew Rooke. Book Review: Maralinga’s Long Shadow: Yvonne’s Story, by Christobel Mattingley. Review by Roza Riaikkenen.
Letters to the Editor: The Great Year. Spirit, Passion, and Ignorance: The Three ‘Gunas’: Part 2: Rising Above the Gunas - Andrew Rooke. Living to Benefit Mankind - Nicholas C. Weeks. Breathtaking - Shanti Shabda.
- September 2016 #120
A Jar, Some Golf Balls, Pebbles, Sand ... and Two Cups of Coffee! Some Famous Westerners Speak on Reincarnation. News. Western Esotericism: Part 3: The Western Esoteric Tradition - Nivard Vas. Book Reviews: Two new books on Australian Aboriginal healing and spirituality - reviewed by Elizabeth Lovett. Mysteries of Music: Part 1: Music and Healing - Andrew Rooke. Letters to the Editor: The Transition to ‘The Age of Aquarius’. Co-Workers with Buddha - Nicholas C. Weeks.
- December 2016 #121
An Attitude of Gratitude. News. Our Younger Brothers: The Animals - Andrew Rooke. Middle Earth - Amanda F. Rooke. Letters to the Editor: What is ‘The Doctrine of the Spheres’? Why Do Good People Suffer? Karma and Free Will - Fiona Odgren. Mysteries of Music: Part 2: Music and Other Forms of Life - Andrew Rooke. Technical Theosophy: Universal Brotherhood and Ancient Cycles - Don Shepherd. Book Reviews: This Side of the Global Wall - Gary Miller. HP Blavatsky to the American Conventions 1888 - 1891 - HP Blavatsky with
historical summary by Kirby Van Mater. I Had a Dream - Shanti Shabda. The World is Spinning Faster: a Lakota (American Indian) Prophecy - Buffalo White Calf Woman - recounted by Chris Kavelin.
- March 2017 #122
Dance of the Honeybees. Early Christianity: Part 1: A Diversity of Belief - abridged from Sunrise
articles by WTS Thackara. News.
Letters to the Editor:
Soul Mates: Do They Actually Exist? - Andrew Rooke.
- How Can I Find a Spiritual Teacher?
- What are Souls?
Mysteries of Music: Part 3: Hidden Aspects of Modern Popular Music - Andrew Rooke. Technical Theosophy:
Part 3: The Shared Responsibility of Overlapping Cycles - Don Shepherd. Last Word: On Consciousness - Alan E. Donant.
- Horton Hears a Who by Dr Seuss.
- Insights from the Masters: a Compilation by Fiona C. Odgren.
- Kalagia by Alexander Naumkin.
- June 2017 #123
Who Remembers the Cabinet Maker?
Early Christianity: Part 2: The Gnostics and the Proto - Orthodox (ie ‘orthodox’ in the sense of being forerunners of modern Christianity) - condensed from
Sunrise articles by WTS Thackara.
Letters to the Editor:
Other Worlds to Sing In - Paul Villard. Heavens and Hells - Andrew Rooke.
- The Most Urgent Need Today - William Delahunt.
- How Long are the Cycles Mentioned in Theosophy - Don Shepherd.
Technical Theosophy: Part 4: Recent Cycles and the New Age - Don Shepherd. Last Word: On Family Life and Theosophical Study - from The Mahatma
- An Invitation to the Secret Doctrine - HP Blavatsky with contributions by Robert Bowen and Kirby Van Mater.
- A Street Cat Named Bob - James Bowen.
- September 2017 #124
What a Tree Taught Me.
Trees – Joyce Kilmer.
The Lotus – Amanda F. Rooke.
What is The Ancient Wisdom? Part 1: Features of the Ancient Wisdom – Andrew Rooke.
Rebirth: Soul Becomes Form – Nivard L. Vas.
Letters to the Editor:
A Sense of Humour.
- How can there be a difference between Pratyeka Buddhas and Buddhas of Compassion?
- What are Spiritual Hierarchies?
Last Word: On Nightly Meditation: comments from Pythagoras, Swami Yogananda, Katherine Tingley, and, G. de Purucker
- Echoes of the Orient: The Writings of William Quan Judge. Vols 1 - 4. Compiled by Dara Eklund.
- The Western Esoteric Tradition: An Historical Introduction, by Nicholas Goodrick-Clarke. Reviewed by Nivard L. Vas.
- December 2017 #125
Bridge of Consciousness.
Man's Responsibility to the Animals – Bernard S. Parsons.
Paganism: A Gift of the Lord and Lady – Heathclyff St James Deville.
What is The Ancient Wisdom: Part 2: Features of The Hidden Wisdom: 'Gnosis' – Andrew Rooke.
A Sense of Humour.
Letters to the Editor:
- The Seven Sacred Planets.
- The Golden Stairs to the Temple of Wisdom.
- Hidden Causes of Natural Disasters.
The Other Ten Commandments.
- Timeless Truths of The Secret Doctrine: A Compilation by Fiona C. Odgren.
- Revelations: Visions, Prophecy, & Politics in the Book of Revelation by Elaine Pagels.
Obituary: Rudi Jansma.
Last Word: On Transforming Gnosis into Action from the Gospel of Truth.
Consider the manifold consequences of our cooperation with one another. The stores are open; the buses are running; people show up for work; children are dropped off at school, educated, and picked up again; most people are fed, clothed, and housed, and those who can't do these things for themselves often receive help. Toddlers, sick people, and the senile elderly are not left to roam the streets unattended; their relatives, friends, or institutions care for them. Cooperation is the norm, an art form so commonplace and so expected that we are no longer even aware of it. We institutionalize our tending in professions such as nursing, teaching, child care and elder care. We institutionalize our aggressive and protective side as well, in military and civilian protective services, for example. But on the whole, daily life is largely devoted to the cooperative exchange of goods and services that help us to achieve a better life. The most marked characteristics of human daily life are caring and cooperation, not the unbridled selfishness that many describe as "human nature."
-- Shelley E. Taylor